Homemade Pandoro: the Pandoro recipe to be prepared at home without the use of the mixer or other kitchen robots.
Who said that for make panettone in casa is the mixer necessary? On this page we will see how to do thepanettone guy Pandoroin home without mixer or other food processors. For the first dough we proceed in the same way as the panettone.
For this recipe we recommend using the classics Pandoro molds based on an eight-pointed star. The ideal are silicone molds, which are more difficult to manage. In the case of traditional molds, remember to butter the internal surface with the utmost skill, otherwise thepandoro panettoneit could break before reaching the table.
To doto grow up(leaven) the best panettone, we recommend buying small molds. Panettone, in domestic ovens, grows much better if placed in small molds. If you really don't want to buy pandoro molds, you can use the classic pudding molds but not other shapes: you must respect a vertical shape to allow correct leavening during cooking.
Homemade Pandoro without mixer, the recipe
The ingredients are simple:
- 700 g of double zero flour
- 50 g of brewer's yeast
- 150 g of sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 350 g of butter
- a pinch of salt
- an organic or untreated lemon
- powdered sugar for garnish
How to make Pandoro without a mixer
You can add a filling cream to the ingredients just mentioned. On the market there is no shortagepanettonefilled with coffee, chocolate or citrus-scented cream. Prepare the cream you prefer, you can also use the most classiccustard. Here's how to go about getting a very good onehomemade pandoro, to the delight of young and old.
- Dissolve the yeast in a little warm water and mix 100 grams of flour.
- Let the dough rest in a warm place, it is also good next to a radiator.
- When the volume of the first dough has doubled, add 500 grams of flour, 5 egg yolks and three whole eggs. During this second dough, add 100 grams of well-softened butter, the grated rind of a lemon and a little salt. Liquid ingredients will need to be gradually added to solid ones.
- The dough must be worked with a lot of energy, to make it soft, smoothand homogeneous.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until you get a very high disc. At the center of the dough, add the rest of the softened butter and cover it with the folded dough using the same technique as the puff pastry.
- Roll it out again with a rolling pin and fold the corners again towards the center as you did the first time to cover the butter.
- Grease and flour two molds (even three or four if you have purchased small pandoro molds).
- Pandoro molds should only be filled halfway. Once again, it will be necessary to wait for the leavening: let the pandoro rise in a warm place. Cover the molds with clean cloths or cling film.
- When the dough has risen well, cook in a hot oven for about an hour: bake at 180 ° C and after the first 15 minutes of cooking lower to 170 ° C. 55 minutes of cooking are required for one kg panettone. If you use smaller molds, continue cooking at 160 ° C taking care to check the surface browning several times.
- Let the pandoro cool and sprinkle it with icing sugar before serving.
To store the pandoro, wrap it in a well-sealed plastic food bag. In this way the homemade pandoroit will keep for several days without hardening.