“We are what we eat”. So what must never be missing at the table? Lots of good and healthy vegetables and fruit! In this regard, we want to offer you theGreek salad, a healthy, light, low-calorie and healthy dish. But let's see in detail how to prepare the'Greek salad with the addition of couscous and citrus fruits.
Greek salad, the ingredients for 4 people
- Pre-cooked couscous
- Juice of 1 untreated lemon
- Juice of 2 untreated oranges: you can also add some citrus peel
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- A handful of black olives
- A handful of green olives
- 1 red onion
- 100 grams of feta cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt to taste
Greek salad, the preparation
- Take the pre-cooked couscous and toast it in an antiadarent pan for a few minutes
- After the set time, pour over the citrus juice previously diluted in a little water
- Then season with oil and salt and leave to heat everything over low heat.
- In the meantime, peel and cut the cucumber into small rings
- Then rinse the olives well, remove the stone and cut them in half
- Peel the onion then cut it into very thin slices
- Cut the feta into cubes and mix well
- Pour everything into a bowl then add the couscous with its dressing and mix well until everything is combined
- Put in the fridge and let it cool for at least a couple of hours
And here is yours Greek salad to be enjoyed with friends and family.
Tips: if you want, you can add vegetables of all kinds as long as they are fresh in season