There omelette it is a very popular dish that is prepared with simple eggs, however it can be further enriched with an infinite variety of ingredients. The recipe we want to offer you today is the pumpkin omelette, a very simple and quick dish to prepare. The omelette is also a decisive dish when we find ourselves having to prepare a lunch at the last minute. By adding the pumpkin, we will be able to feed some vegetables even to those who do not love them and it also becomes a vegetarian dish; there are no animal derived ingredients. The only recommendation is to use ingredients that come from organic farming.
Pumpkin omelette, the ingredients for 4 people
- 5 organic eggs
- 250 grams of organic pumpkin
- 150 grams of fresh smoked provola
- 100 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons of bechamel
- 1 white onion
- A handful of thyme leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil, butter, salt, pepper to taste
Pumpkin omelette, the preparation
- Wash and peel the pumpkin then cut it into slices
- Peel the onion and chop finely
- Take a non-stick pan, pour a drizzle of oil in it and let it heat up then pour in the onion
- Brown the onion just long enough for it to brown then add the pumpkin pulp, adding salt and pepper
- Let it cook for a few minutes then pour the pumpkin into a bowl
- In another large bowl, beat the eggs then add, the provola cheese cut into slices, the béchamel, the grated cheese, the thyme leaves and finally a pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix everything well then add the pumpkin and mix again until all the ingredients are mixed well
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Before baking, make sure that the pumpkin omelette is cooked well: just sink with the fork on the omelette before finishing cooking.