Taking care of the mouth is essential not only for health reasons, but also for aesthetic reasons; the mouth represents one of our business cards: we use it to talk, eat, kiss ……. But here's the sore point; most of the toothpastes that we find on sale in stores contain some chemical ingredients that are harmful to the body, first of all fluoride!
Fortunately, there are natural alternatives for oral cleansing; these are do-it-yourself remedies whose ingredients are easily available but above all harmless to our health.
Even natural toothpastes for sale often contain sulfites or sulfates which experts say can ruin teeth and prevent their remineralization. In this regard we will show you how to prepare a natural homemade toothpaste following our recipe step by step.
Beginning to enter into the perspective of self-production is important to protect the environment and save a lot of money. Perhaps forgetting to buy a certain product, it may be the right opportunity to try your hand at making it at home using only natural elements.
Homemade natural toothpaste, what we need
- 40 grams of baking soda
- 10 grams of fine cooking salt
- Demineralized water
- 4 teaspoons of vegetable glycerin
- 3 drops of peppermint essential oil and / or other antibacterial essential oil such as tea tree
Homemade natural toothpaste, the preparation
- Pour the baking soda into a bowl, add the salt and mix the ingredients well
- Stir in the vegetable glycerin and mix again
- Pour in the water you need to have a full-bodied paste and mix again until all the ingredients are mixed well: it must be a creamy paste
- At this point, add the essential oil of peppermint: it serves to improve the taste of the toothpaste and its antiseptic properties
- For greater antibacterial action, add two or three drops of tea tree essential oil or clove essential oil.
Once the natural toothpaste is ready, you can store it in a glass container with a lid to prevent it from drying out.
Natural homemade toothpaste, the use
To use natural toothpaste, do not put a wet toothbrush in the dough; in this way you will avoid bacterial contamination. Instead, use a dry wooden teaspoon to take a small amount and spread it on the toothbrush.
Will it work?
Proper oral hygiene with this toothpaste will bring you great benefits; you will notice less plaque and you will feel that you have smoother teeth.