What i waste? Reduce, reuse and recycle are the three watchwords on the subject of waste is recycling. But what are the waste? Also on this it is good to have clear ideas and Adiconsum helps us to do it in a simple-simple way with the project Let's get comfortable, an initiative promoted in collaboration with the Presidency of the Council of Ministers.
Let's get comfortable, through the information campaign on recycling gods waste, informs us that the European Community indicates as waste any object or substance that is discarded or has the intention or obligation to discard (Directive no. 2008/98 / EC of 19 November 2008).
THE waste produced daily by people (i municipal solid waste), if they are abandoned in an uncontrolled way, they become a source of pollution, environmental degradation and cause of the proliferation of insects and animals potentially dangerous for human health.
This is why it is important to both decrease the production of waste or, when this is not really possible, differentiate the waste to ensure that the raw materials they are made of begin a new life cycle.
How do you do it correct separate waste collection? Adiconsum helps us by reminding everyone of the 10 golden rules of National packaging consortium-Conai for a recycling quality.
- Properly separate the packaging according to the material it is made of and place it in the appropriate container for separate collection.
- Crush cans and plastic bottles and then close them with the cap. Compress paper and cardboard.
- When possible, separate packaging consisting of multiple materials, such as plastic snack containers from the cardboard tray or glass jars with metal caps.
- Remove scraps and food residues from packaging before putting them in the containers for separate collection.
- Know that dirty paper (with food, such as pizza boxes, earth or toxic substances such as solvents and paints), used handkerchiefs and receipts do not go into the paper container.
- Be careful not to put ceramic, porcelain, mirrors and light bulbs in the glass container.
- Recognize and correctly dispose of aluminum packaging. In addition to the most well-known beverage cans, it also separates cans and trays for food, tubes, spray cans and the thin child for food.
- Correctly recognize and dispose of steel packaging, which usually bears the initials FE or ACC. You can find them on jars for preserves, cans of tuna, cans and cans, drums and buckets, crown caps and closures of various types for bottles and jars.
- Introduce all types of packaging into the plastic recycling container. Be careful not to introduce other objects, even plastic ones, such as toys, vases, small appliances, stationery and office items.
- Remember that if you have wooden packaging you can take them to the equipped municipal ecological islands. Boxes for fruit and wine, small boxes for cheeses, are all packaging that can be recycled.