THE green beans, rich in enzymes and fibers, they are an excellent and fresh food with a very low calorie content. With green beans we can prepare many recipes, they can lend themselves to tasty side dishes or unique dishes, such as i green beans in tomato sauce. This is a simple recipe that takes just a few minutes. Below you will find the recipe beans with tomato sauce, a low-calorie dish (1 portion kcal 80) but rich in flavor and substances that slow down aging and defend against numerous diseases. Tomato lycopene is great for the heart and arteries, and green beans provide good amounts of fiber that regulate the intestine. Obviously, it is recommended to purchase organically grown vegetables if you do not have your own garden.
Green beans in tomato sauce, ingredients for 4 people
800 grams of green beans
6 ripe and firm tomatoes
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Basil, chilli and salt to taste
Green beans in tomato sauce, the preparation
- Chop the onion then wash the tomatoes thoroughly, remove the skin and chop them in a bowl
- Pour the chopped onion into a pan with a drizzle of oil and let it brown for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another two minutes then add the green beans
- Leave to flavor for a few minutes, stirring
- After a couple of minutes, add a glass of water and cook: it will take about 30 minutes
- A few minutes before removing the green beans from the heat, add the basil
- Before serving, sprinkle with a pinch of chilli and mix well
- Serve with a few slices of wholemeal bread
Green beans in tomato sauce, tips before cooking
- If you have overweight problems, you can increase the doses of green beans and halve those of bread. You will get a high satiating effect and save up to 160 kcal
- At the time of purchase, check that the green beans do not have mold stains, that they are hard and break cleanly
- If you are growing green beans, only trim them when you have decided to cook them, otherwise they could mold or deteriorate faster.
- Avoid eating raw green beans, they contain an enzyme that disturbs digestion. It is canceled by the cooking phase of the green bean.