There vegetables it is among the healthiest foods for our body especially if grown with organic production methods. The vegetables they lend themselves to a thousand preparations in the kitchen and can be cooked in various ways. For practical reasons, many people prefer to cook vegetables in a pan, using non-stick cookware. These pans have a Teflon coating, a material increasingly accused by experts precisely because of the coating defined as potentially dangerous for its content of PFOA (perfluorooctane acid) .But let's see in detail which pans to prefer to protect health and the environment .
Pan-fried vegetables, which pans to choose
- Titanium. To cook ours vegetables in a pan we don't necessarily have to use the non-stick one. For example, there are titanium pans that do not need the Teflon coating to be non-stick. These are very resistant pans that are practically indestructible and particularly durable over time. Of course they cost more than the classic non-stick pans but the fact of not having to replace them after a few years will guarantee some economic savings.
- Terracotta. The vegetables lend themselves very well to being cooked in terracotta pots, they ensure uniform cooking, keeping the flavors intact. They guarantee complete non-stickiness, especially if moistened with water before cooking.
- Stainless steel. Stainless steel is also a particularly suitable material for cooking vegetables in frying pans. The steel pans are not non-stick but ensure healthiness to food. To cook vegetables in steel pans, just add a small part of water and oil during cooking and stir frequently to prevent the food from sticking to the bottom.
Pan-fried vegetables, recipe
Zucchini, aubergines, green beans, peppers lend themselves very well to being cooked in a pan:
- Pour the cut vegetables into one of the aforementioned pans after washing them thoroughly
- Sauté for 5 minutes with a drizzle of oil and vinegar
- Add some chopped cherry tomatoes, a glass of water and a little salt
- Cook over low heat with the lid on for 30 minutes.