With winter, the oranges, a precious citrus fruit thanks to the high content of vitamin C, an essential micronutrient that strengthens resistance to infections. And as some studies have shown, those who consume a lot oranges and other citrus fruits is less exposed to the risk of cancer, especially that of the stomach. With the oranges you can prepare delicious fruit salads, jams, cakes and why not…. also great orange liqueur! In this regard, we now want to offer you the liquore with orange, following our step by step recipe. The only recommendation is to use strictly oranges not treated since for the realization of the liqueur it is necessary to resort to the peel of oranges.
Orange liqueur, the ingredients
- 6 untreated oranges
- Half a liter of water
- Half a liter of pure alcohol at 90 degrees
- 300 grams of sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 cloves
Orange liqueur, the preparation
- Wash them well oranges and peel them, being careful not to cut the white part of the orange: this could give the peel an extremely bitter taste
- Take the peels and put them to macerate in a glass container with alcohol for 2 weeks together with the cloves and nutmeg
- Once this is done, place the hermetically sealed container in a cool, dark place
- Remember to shake the contents gently every evening
- After 15 days, take a pot and put the sugar in the water to dissolve, bringing it to a boil
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool
- Take the container containing the alcohol and filter it with a narrow mesh strainer
- Pour the filtered alcohol into the pot with the sugared water and mix carefully
- Transfer the liquor just obtained into the bottles and seal the cap
- Let it rest for at least 2 or 3 months before consuming the product
The Orange liqueur it can be used to flavor cakes and desserts in general or to accompany a fruit dessert.
To be stored in a dark place away from sources of heat and humidity.