There mold it is a fungus that grows in humid places especially in some environments such as the kitchen and bathroom; the typical signs of mold they are represented by a thin "spongy" layer of a typically dark color. Unfortunately the mold it does not only involve an aesthetic problem, but also a hygienic-healthy one, therefore it is advisable to resolve the problem. There are several products on the market to eradicate this fungus but they are harmful to the environment. In this regard, we now want to show you some natural remedies for mold.
Natural remedies for mold, the cause
The appearance of mold includes:
- poor air circulation,
- little or no lighting
- walls too cold for the room climate
- humid temperatures
- possible infiltrations
- wrong household habits
Natural remedies for mold
- To avoid the growth of mold on clothes, avoid plastic bags but prefer fabric bags: bring your own or buy them
- If you see mold on the upholstery, you can remove it with an alcohol solution diluted with a cup of water. Just dip a clean cloth into the solution and rub it thoroughly on
- If you find mold on books, you can use talcum powder: just wipe the pages with a clean rag then sprinkle some talc. Leave the talcum powder on the book for 1 hour then remove everything.
- To remove mold stains on the walls, apply a bleach-based composition: just mix two tablespoons of bleach and 1/2 liter of hot water. Use an old rag to treat stains, leave for about 10 minutes then carefully remove
- To remove from the tiles or shower door, prepare a mixture with two tablespoons of white vinegar and a cup of water. For application, simply treat the affected surfaces with a clean rag and leave to act for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing
- To eliminate mold on the shower curtain it is advisable to use a washing machine. Just wrap the curtain with two bath towels. Wash the delicate cycle with half a cup of baking soda added to the wash. During the rinse cycle, add half a cup of vinegar. To dry, let it drain in the air and in the light.
- Against the smell of mold, it is possible to use 3% hydrogen peroxide: to be used directly on moldy washable surfaces and then cleaned with a rag.
ATTENTION: a salt dehumidifier should be placed in each room.