There mold it is a fungus that shows up with green or black spots on the surfaces of walls and ceilings and, more generally, wherever there is a high level of humidity. Poorly lit and poorly ventilated environments represent its ideal habitat but the causes of its formation can also be other: an improperly installed heating system or the presence of fixtures that favor the formation of condensation, bad domestic habits, uninsulated walls, etc.
It is commonplace to think that the mold it proliferates in environments of old construction or located on the ground floor or underground: of course, these specific characteristics favor its appearance but, whenever the conditions indicated in the introduction occur, our homecan turn into the realm ofmold. In this regard, here are some indications to prevent the proliferation of mold in the house.
Mold at home, remedies
- Always keep shutters and shutters open during the day: mold "hates" the light and does not form in its presence
- Open the curtains every morning to let in the sun and light
- Make sure that the temperature of the domestic rooms does not exceed 3 degrees between one room and another
- Ventilate the compartments for at least 5 minutes a day and in case of wind, promote air circulation.
- Keep windows closed in case of rain and high atmospheric humidity
- In the event of thunderstorms, make sure that no water has entered the window frames and, if necessary, dry immediately and thoroughly.
- Do not put wet linen and clothing on the radiators to avoid condensation in the house
- Do not put too many plants in the house and make sure that no water stagnates in the saucers
- Keep furniture away from the walls by at least 5 centimeters
- Avoid rugs and carpets in humid environments: they retain moisture
Mold in the kitchen, remedies
- In the kitchen, install an extractor hood connected to the flue that discharges to the outside
- Do not leave standing water in the sinks
- Cooking with the window open whenever possible
- Close wet scraps well in the appropriate bags
- After use, dry the gaskets of the washing machine and dishwasher well, so that no stagnant water is formed
Mold in the bathroom, remedies
- Install a fan to let the steam escape
- Open the bathroom window just after taking a shower in order to let the condensation formed
- Remove any water from the floor and put the mat to dry outside
- Always keep the toilet clean and immediately eliminate the mold that tends to form in the interstices
Mold in the cupboards, remedies
- Periodically clean cabinets and drawers, possibly with water and vinegar, twice a year
- Dry well and allow to air for a long time before putting away clothes
- Make sure there is no stale smell: it always precedes the appearance of mold!
- Place a small plaster bowl inside the wardrobes: it absorbs moisture and protects clothing from mold stains and the appearance of moths
- If the closet room is subject to humidity, do not store golf and clothing in regular plastic bags, but prefer natural fabric cases.
Products that eliminate mold and prevent its reappearance
In addition to the natural remedies described in this article, it is possibleeliminate mold from the wallsusing ready-to-use sprays capable of eliminating mold stains and preventing their reappearance. Among the most effective products we point out:
Eliminate mold spray - 1 liter bottle
Just repeat the application 2-3 times within half an hour to see the wall free from mold stains and to its former glory. Between one coat and the next, the product must be allowed to act for about 10 minutes.
The large one-liter pack can be bought on Amazon at a price of 12.39 euros including shipping costs.
Ariasana Smuffer - 500 ml bottle
This anti-mold liquid has a light lemon scent. It is able to eliminate mold in a few minutes, it is also effective against algae, mosses and other microorganisms that propagate with spores. Excellent for removing the black mold from the shower seal and tile grout.
The 500 ml pack can be bought for 17.18 euros on Amazon, the price includes the costs for home delivery.