Vegetable minestrone: recipeand variations for every palate. How to prepare summer or winter minestrone. Advice on cooking in a pressure cooker or in the classic steel pot.
The soul of the vegetable soup is given by carrots, onion, potatoes and celery which must never be missing. To this base you can add vegetables of your choice
On this page we will show you how to make vegetable minestrone, following our recipe, step by step. The only recommendation is to use vegetables from organic farming. With vegetables you can also try your hand at preparing the homemade vegetable cube. For all the information, I invite you to read the guide on how to make vegetable nut at home. The homemade vegetable nut is certainly more genuine than the nut you find in supermarkets, so I invite you not to add the nut or other artificial flavorings that would undermine the health of your fantastichomemade minestrone!
Vegetable and legume soup
The vegetable soup it is undoubtedly a healthy dish that guarantees a high intake of fiber, mineral salts and vitamins… On the contrary, it does not provide fat. To add a good dose of proteins, you just have to add several legumes to yoursminestrone.
The vegetable minestrone, with the addition of legumes, ensures a significant supply of nutrients, including proteins. Among other things, it is an ideal dish to cook in winter.
Minestrone with vegetables and legumes, vegetarian recipe
Here are the ingredients for 4 people
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 courgettes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 potatoes
- 150 grams of cauliflower
- 2 celery sticks
- 150 grams of peas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200 grams of borlotti beans
- A handful of chopped parsley
- Oil, salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable soup, the preparation
- Wash the celery and chop finely
- Clean the courgettes, garlic and onion and cut them into slices
- Peel the potatoes and make them into cubes then wash the courgettes and cut them into slices
- Cut the cauliflower into florets then wash the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces
- Sauté the garlic, celery, carrot and onion in a pan with a drizzle of oil for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour cold water into the pot and add the parades, courgettes, tomatoes, beans and cauliflower then mix all the ingredients well: the vegetables must be covered with water
- Let it cook over low heat, putting a lid on the pot
- After boiling, cook for another 40 minutes, stirring occasionally: make sure there is enough water
- When cooked, add the pepper and parsley then mix again
- Serve the vegetable soup and season with grated cheese if you prefer
Summer vegetable soup
For asummer recipe of vegetable minestronedo you need:
- 1 carrot
- 100 gr of peas
- 100 gr of borlotti beans
- 200 gr of pumpkin
- 1 potato
- 140 gr of bulgur
- 1 onion
- 200 gr of cabbage
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 courgettes
- Pepper and extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Parmesan and parsley
Here's how to make the summer minestrone.
Cut all the onions into chunks. Brown the chopped onion and add the beans first, brown and then add all the vegetables except for cabbage, bulgur and peas.
Pour 2 liters of hot water. Add some pepper. Cook for an hour and 10 minutes over medium heat.
Add the tomato soup, pour it and the peas. Wait another 10 minutes and finally add the bulgur.
Cook for another 10 - 13 minutes (the cooking time for bulgur).
To serve, garnish with parsley and add some parmesan flakes. Summer minestrone should be served just lukewarm.
Vegetable soup in pressure cooker
If you want to reduce cooking times you can use thepressure cooker. How to cook the soup in the pressure cooker? Wash and cut the vegetables, place them in a pressure cooker and cover them with water. Close the pot and cook for 20 minutes from when the valve starts whistling. Discover the pot and continue your recipe.
Those who do not have time, could try the ready-to-use frozen or natural soups, consisting of dried vegetables to be re-hydrated before use.
Among the various products on the market I would like to recommend the Minestrone Tiberino. Five packs of tuberine vegetable soup, equivalent to 10 portions, can be bought at a price of 17.50 euros (3.50 euros per pack) and are prepared in 18 minutes. Why did I recommend this product? Because it is a natural minestrone, without preservatives and completely produced in Italy. It also contains legumes, vegetables and cereals.
For all information on the product mentioned, I refer you to the page dedicated to minestrone Tuberino on Amazon.
The wording "may contain gluten and traces of ..." was born because in the same Italian plant where they pack this product, they also pack products containing wheat, soy, nuts and seeds.
Vegetable soup, variants
Here are some changes to make to the recipe to get different and equally tasty results.
- Vegetable soup with pine nuts
You can add other vegetables such as a pepper and add some browned pine nuts to the last.
- Creamy vegetable soup
Or add half a glass of milk after cooking and a little breadcrumbs, for a creamy consistency. If you want a creamy soup then go for the velvety.
- Vegetable soup with bacon
Another variant can be the addition of spinach, leeks or cabbage. If you want to give a meat aftertaste, you can fry a little bacon in oil and butter before adding the vegetables.
- Pureed soup or vegetable soup
You can pass the minestrone with the mixer if you prefer creamy soup in the style of vegetable soup.