Instead of going down to the bar, have you ever thought about having breakfast with homemade croissants? They are ideal for a healthy and low-fat breakfast. In this regard we will show you the vegan recipe of homemade croissants; preparing them will be fun and very simple! To make yours more genuine homemade croissants, stuffed with homemade orange marmalade
Homemade croissants, the ingredients for 6 croissants
- 160 grams of flour
- 80 grams of Manitoba flour
- 50 grams of cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon of malt
- 30 grams of rapeseed oil
- 1/2 cube of fresh brewer's yeast
- 1/2 sachet of vanillin
- The grated rind of a lemon (or orange)
- 1 pinch of salt
- One tablespoon jam
Homemade croissants, the preparation
- Pour half of the normal flour and half of the Manitoba flour into a bowl then add a pinch of salt
- Dissolve the yeast in 1/3 of a glass of warm water and pour it into the bowl together with the flour
- Mix and knead until you get a soft and non-sticky dough, then place it in a bowl and cover it with aluminum foil.
- Turn on the oven at 60 degrees and leave it on for about 5 minutes then turn it off and place the bowl with the dough inside.
- Let it rise for about two hours
- After this time, the dough will be doubled
- Put the rest of the flour on the work surface, adding the sugar, a teaspoon of malt, oil, vanillin and lemon
- Mix and knead by adding a few tablespoons of warm water
- Continue to knead so that all the ingredients are well blended then add the dough previously prepared and knead again until you get an elastic and soft dough
- Roll out the dough into a circle about 1/2 cm thick
- With the help of a pastry cutter, divide the dough into six equal wedges
- Put 1 teaspoon of jam on each wedge then wrap each wedge starting from the outside to the inside so as to give the dough the shape of a croissant
- Once the croissants are obtained, place them on the baking paper
- Cover i homemade croissants with greased foil and let rise overnight away from drafts
- In the morning, heat the oven to 180 degrees, put in the oven for about 15 minutes, uncovering the croissants just before cooking them
- Remove from the oven homemade croissants as soon as they have reached the right browning.
ATTENTION: use a fairly large pan at the time of leavening and place them spacing them at least 8 centimeters as they will increase in volume as they rise.