How to make caramelized apples: the recipe for making caramelized apples at home. Simple ingredients to prepare a whole or sliced caramelized apple. Baked caramelized apples recipe.
It has been since I first saw it Mary Poppins that I wanted to find out how to make caramelized apples!Luckily prepare the caramelized apples it is not a difficult task at all, it takes a few simple ingredients, the whole procedure will not take much time and recipe it has a more than affordable cost, especially if we exclude food colors.
In some portals, for the preparation of caramelized apples recommend the use of red food dyes. If you can't give up the bright and vivid color of a ruby red, buy a natural-based food coloring, otherwise go ahead and focus on the flavor!
If you are in a season where cherries and strawberries thrive, you can get a food coloring using these two fruits, but the flavor will be altered, so do your evaluations.
The apple festival
In the US, the candy apples are a typical Halloween dessert, here in Italy it is possible to find them in some fairs, during demonstrations, events or on the occasion of food and wine excellences such as Festivals of apple (recommended that of Maddaloni, Caserta or Sanzeno, Trento). During the Maddaloni Apple Festival, it is possible to taste caramelized annurche applesfor a truly lively contrast: on the one hand the sparkling flavor of the Annurca apple that almost pinches the tongue and, on the other, the sweet taste of honey and crystallized sugar.
Whole caramelized apples: recipe
Here are the ingredients for caramelize 8 apples
- 8 medium apples
- 1 sachet of vanillin
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 80 grams of honey
- 900 grams of sugar
- 200 ml of water
- food thermometer (essential for the preparation of caramel)
- 8 long toothpicks or sticks
To hold the apple, very solid appetizers are used, such as those used for meat skewers. Alternatively it is possible to use the sticks typical of popsicles. Pay attention: the stick must be non-toxic (made of wood for food purposes) and strong enough to be able to tolerate the weight of the apple without breaking.
There are no precise dimensions, set yourself thinking that the stick will have to protrude from the apple for the necessary space to allow a good grip.
How to make caramelized apples
Thisrecipeit is useful for anyone who is wondering how to preparebaked caramelized apples.
- Wash the apples and dry them thoroughly. Eliminate any petiole.
- Instead of the stalk, insert a stick of wood sturdy enough to hold it into the apple.
- Prepare the caramel by placing a long, narrow pan over low heat.
- Add 200 mò of warm water and sugar. When the sugar has almost completely dissolved, add the honey.
- Continue to cook until the syrup has reached the temperature of about 100 degrees. If you don't use a food thermometer, you risk getting too bitter caramel.
- Add cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir until the temperature reaches 150 degrees: at this point you can turn off the heat and begin to immerse, one by one, the apples from caramelize.
- Swirl the apples until they are completely covered with a thin layer of caramel.
- Drain the apples over the saucepan and place it on a wire rack under which you will have placed a sheet of baking paper to protect the support surface.
Sliced caramelized apples
If we have seen before how to make baked caramelized apples, in this paragraph we will give you the recipe to make one caramelized apple in a pan. For 4 people, you will need:
- 3 apples
- 80 gr of homemade butter
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1/2 glass of water
- cinnamon (optional)
The preparation ofsliced caramelized applesit's very simple. You cancook them in the oven or in a pan. If earlier we have seen how to get onebaked caramelized apple, now we will do it with the help of a pan.
- Wash the apples.
- Core the apples and cut them into slices. You can choose whether to peel them or not.
- In a pan, melt the butter and add 75 grams of sugar.
- Stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the apples and water.
- Season with a level teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Cook the apples adding the residual sugar gradually.
- Finish cooking when all the sugar has crystallized and the water has completely dried.
If you want a versionlight, you can omit the butter and use these ingredients:
- 3 apples
- 150 grams of sugar
- 1 glass of water
As is clear, the amount of water doubles to cope with the essence of butter.
Other recipes with apples: apple pie