There mayonnaise it is a very versatile sauce in the kitchen; it lends itself very well to the preparation of many dishes, from the most elaborate to the simplest ones such as stuffing a sandwich. However, the mayonnaise it is banned by vegans for the presence of eggs. In this regard, here how to make vegan mayonnaise , following our step by step recipe.
How to make vegan mayonnaise, ingredients
- 300 ml. of low-fat soy milk
- 300 ml. of corn oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- a teaspoon of mustard
- A pinch of turmeric and salt
How to make vegan mayonnaise, Preparation
- Pour the milk into the blender and operate the blender on low speed
- Gradually add 150 ml of oil and continue to blend until the ingredients have blended well
- Then add the vinegar, lemon juice and a pinch of salt and continue blending for a few seconds. Also add the mustard and a pinch of turmeric
- Pour in the remaining oil and continue to blend until the mixture is compact and homogeneous.
- Once this is done, place the contents in an airtight glass jar and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes: in this way, the mayonnaise will take on an even more dense and creamy consistency.
Yours is ready Vegan mayonnaise.
How to make vegan mayonnaise, useful tips
Also there Vegan mayonnaise it can go crazy, in the sense that lumps can appear at the end of preparation! Luckily we can fix it, in this case it will be enough to blend a little more milk gradually into the mad mayonnaise to restore the right consistency.
How to make vegan mayonnaise, variants
If you like the garlic aftertaste, you can add a couple of cloves while blending the milk with the oil: it is very suitable for fish and unsalted vegetables. You can also add chives and curry: in this case you will make an "Indian" mayonnaise, very suitable to accompany white fish or boiled shellfish.
nutritional information: mayonnaise is a food not recommended for those on a diet. the vegan variant of mayonnaise, even if it is cholesterol-free, still remains a food rich in fat and highly caloric. Always consume it in moderation so as not to alarm your metabolism too much!