The new Casio Pro Trek PRW-6000 powered on solar power was presented to the press and after having tested it this morning I am writing to you features and my impressions.
We obviously start from "Green" aspects: the Casio Pro Trek PRW-6000 it is equipped with a power supply system Tough Solar which allows you to recharge the watch even in low light conditions, offering a battery life of about 6 months, without the need to expose the watch to sunlight! The latest generation eco-friendly battery allows you to power the Pro Trek PRW-6000 even in dim or fluorescent light.
In the case of prolonged exposure to light the Power Save function provides automatic shutdown so from conserve energy.
The Casio Pro Trek PRW-6000 is a watch dedicated to lovers of outdoor activities: trekking, hiking, mountaineering, mountain biking and sailing. Its sober design and its lightness (only 72 grams!) For a watch of this type make it usable with satisfaction even as an “everyday” watch.
We come at more interesting features that I had the opportunity to personally test:
1) Triple sensor for measuring direction, barometric pressure, altitude and temperature. Continuous heading measurement has been increased from 20 to 60 seconds to improve map reading and route search function. The reading is clear and immediate.
The altitude measurement time is now almost instantaneous: 1 second against the 5 previously required and, above all, the accuracy has gone from a deviation of 5 meters to a deviation of only one meter.
2) Direction (“compass” function) e altitude can now be viewed by pressing the two dedicated buttons on the right of the clock.
This novelty is made possible by the electronic crown that allows access to the other functions of the Pro Trek PRW6000 thanks to the Smart Access system.
3) Casio MultiBand technology 6 called Atomic Timekeeping allows you to receive signals transmitted by six stations located in different areas of the world (atomic clocks located in Germany, Great Britain, United States, China and Japan), allowing maximum accuracy of the time reported and "removing the disturbance" to have to change the time when daylight saving time changes or the calendar in leap years.
4) The watch, despite "the high amount of incorporated technology", shows up thinner than previous models: 12.8 mm.
5) The hiding function of the hands temporarily moves the spheres away from the LCD display when the hands would be positioned in front, always ensuring an optimal reading of altitude, atmospheric pressure and temperature values.
There “top of the range” version Casio Pro Trek PWR-6000Y available in green and orange design it is also characterized by a carbon fiber reinforced strap, which makes it suitable for the most extreme activities, while maintaining the properties of elasticity and comfort.
Casio Pro Trek PWR-6000Y
Regarding the list prices, the Pro Trek PRW-6000 will be available to the public from mid-May 2014 to 449 euros.
The version Pro Trek-6000Y top of the range will instead have a price of 499 Euro.
If you want to see and try the new Pro Trek for yourself, you can locate the store closest to you via the Store Locator available on the Casio official website: by entering the zip code or your city, you will be shown the nearest stores.