How to make bread:recipe of different types of bread. Many tips for making fresh bread at home.
Fresh homemade bread
The homemade bread it is tasty, genuine and above all you choose how to do it.
There fresh bread recipeit does not involve any difficulty even for those who are not very practical in the kitchen, just know how to choose the ingredients carefully and follow some important precautions during preparation. In this regard we will illustrate you how to make bread at home, following our step by step recipe. Let's start with theclassic homemade white bread, then we will also see:
- How to make unleavened bread or unleavened bread
- How to make oat bread
- How to make gluten-free bread
- How to make kamut bread
- How to make bread with mother yeast
As stated, let's start fromrecipe classical, that, in some respects, simpler.
For more information you can read our new detailed article explaining how to make bread at home.
How to make bread
- The choice of the type of flour plays a decisive role: it must be a durum wheat flour with a high capacity to absorb water and with a high protein content (at least higher than 11%). What does it mean? That formake white breadyou will not have to use flour 0, double zero (00) or type 1 flour ... you will have to use durum wheat flour!
- Brewer's yeast (in fresh loaves) must have an expiration date of at least 20 days after the date of use. As an alternative to brewer's yeast, you can usenatural yeast or sourdoughor completely omit this ingredient in the recipeunleavened bread.
- The right temperature for the water in the dough is not very easy to obtain, but in general it must be kept between 25 and 29 °. Room temperature in summer but in winter you will have to extract lukewarm water from the tap directly, a kitchen thermometer can help you a lot.
Classic bread recipe
Here are the ingredients forprepare white bread at home:
- 1 kilo of durum wheat flour
- 100 grams of mother yeast or a stick of brewer's yeast
- 35 grams of salt
- Warm water to taste
Among the flours you can select there is also that of kamut. Kamut wheat is a durum wheat with typical characteristics of soft wheat. To make kamut bread you can follow the same recipe illustrated using simply kamut flour. By the same principle, using oat flour you can get excellent homemade oat bread!
How to make white bread
- Pour the flour on a wooden surface, add the mother yeast in the center, a little warm water and salt.
- Start kneading until you have incorporated all the flour and continue to knead until you get a soft and elastic dough
- Let it rest for about ten minutes, then put the dough in a very large bowl, close with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm spot
- When the dough has doubled in volume, take it back (first flour your hands) to be able to work it again and obtain two loaves that you will leave to rise again for another hour, on the floured surface and covered with a very clean cloth
- Take back the loaves, overturn them on the baking sheet lightly greased with oil and on the smooth side delicately engrave a cross with a sharp blade
- Leave them to rest for 10/15 minutes
- Turn on the oven at a temperature of 210 ° / 220 °
- Bake in the center of the oven and cook for 40/45 minutes
- Check the cooking so as not to risk burning the loaves of bread
- Remove from the oven and let the bread cool on a rack.
For the sourdough recipe: sourdough bread.
Sourdough or natural yeast
Thebrewer's yeastit is made up of a single yeast strain, the Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Let's clarify one thing immediately: thebrewer's yeastit is natural, in the sense that a food company will have made the yeast cultures of the Saccharomyces species thrive and put them on sale in dehydrated form (dry yeast) or in the form of loaves (fresh yeast).
Themother yeastit is known asnatural yeastbecause it can be prepared at home ... not everyone at home has the opportunity to select a colony of specific yeasts like the companies that cultivate the yeasts of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae species, however ... each of us has honey and a jar of yogurt, the perfect base for cultivate fermentation microorganisms such as yeasts. If in addition to bread you want to prepare sourdough or sourdough, you can use our guide:how to make sourdough.
How to make yeast-free bread
Those who have difficulty digesting leavened foods could take advantage of theunleavened bread recipe, that is of theunleavened bread. To discover how to make unleavened breadby hand, with the thermomix or the bread machine, we refer you to the guide: how to make yeast-free bread.
Alternatively, you can make baking soda bread. Bicarbonate does not trigger fermentation but is considered a decent leavening agent as well as cream of tartar.
How to make gluten-free bread
With progress, food needs are also more diversified, so that every physiological need can rediscover ad hoc flavors and products. This is the case of Gluten-free bread, suitable for those suffering from celiac disease. To find out how to make bread for celiacs, please refer to the recipes seen on the page "Gluten-free bread" you will find that there are many flours to use to prepare bread for celiacs, from legume flours to less used flours such as rice and spelled .
How to make milk bread
For a version of thesweet bread and more suitable for breakfast, you can consult the guide on how to make milk sandwiches.
How to make nut bread or flavored bread
Please note: any recipe described in the various articles can be enriched with aromatic herbs. Theherb breadit can be a real delight for the palate. Any kind of bread it can also be enriched with dried fruit, in particular with walnuts or almonds, green light for olives and dried tomatoes. You can also prepare some bread flavored with grated cheese but, in this case, it should be eaten still hot, on the contrary, homemade bread is preserved like the one you buy from the baker!