Searches

Organic underwear


Thereorganic underwear, just like a zero-kilometer dinner, it's good for the environment! Thereorganic underwearconsists of garments made exclusively with natural materials. For the production of theorganic underwearplant fibers are widely used, hemp lingerie is an example.

The spread of organic fabrics is not so recent: as early as 1990 people started talking aboutgreen fashion, organic underwear and environmentally friendly fabric, the sameStandard for Organic Textiles(Global Organic Textile Standards - GOTS), were formalized in 1998 by the IFOAMInternational Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements.

LOOK PHOTOS OF ORGANIC UNDERWEAR

These standards, still today, are a tool for controlling and verifying the social and environmental aspects involved in the production chain of an organic textile garment, underwear included. Even the transformation processes of natural organic fibers, including the use of dyes used in the coloring of the garments, must comply with specific requirements.

LOOK PHOTOS OF THE ORGANIC UNDERWEAR

Organic underwear
In Italy the consumer, in addition to being able to find the GOTS certification, can come across the ICEA one. The ICEA certification acquires the regulations and standards for biological tissue established by the GOTS. There are several forms oforganic certificationof fabrics. Thereunderwearlabeled as "Organic " it must have a natural fiber content of at least 95 percent and come from organic farming. The remaining 5 per cent can be composed of natural fibers not certified as organic - therefore fibers other than 95 per cent - and / or artificial and synthetic fibers.

LOOK PHOTOS OF THE ORGANIC UNDERWEAR

Alternatively, on the label of theunderwearsold as organic, the words "made with 100% of organic fibers ". In this case, the content of natural fibers from organic farming must be at least 70 percent, the remaining 30 percent may be made up of natural fibers and no more than 10 percent artificial (synthetic) fibers. The remaining 20 percent must consist of natural fibers not certified as organic.

LOOK PHOTOS OF THE ORGANIC UNDERWEAR

In the opening photo above, a garment from the Baciditrama underwear collection, entirely made with Icea certified organic cotton. The staple comes from controlled organic crops, spun and woven in Italy, respecting the environment and manpower, without exploitation of any kind.



Video: SilverTech Boxer Briefs 30% off Right Now - Organic Basics Kickstarter Unboxing (January 2022).