Zucchini and eggplant rolls: vegetarian / vegan recipe, without meat and animal derivatives.
More thancourgette and eggplant rolls, the recipe that we will describe speaks ofvegetable rolls to the fruity aftertaste! It is a single dish with an acceptable caloric content: about 350 calories per serving. Not only arancine, timbales and risottos are prepared with rice… here is the original recipe for rice rolls with vegetables.
Type of recipe: vegetarian - vegan
Course: single course, first course
Preparation time: about 1 hour
Calories: About 350 calories per dish
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 onion
- 80 ml of extra virgin olive oil (about 4 tablespoons)
- 125 grams of long grain rice
- 50 grams of flaked almonds
- Salt as needed
- 100 grams of peas
- 2 courgettes
- 1 large eggplant
- 2-3 carrots
- A spoonful of vegetable broth
- apricots in syrup, about 425 ml
- White pepper as required
- Parsley for garnish
- Peel the onion and slice it finely. Brown it in a large pan with rice and almonds.
- Add 300 ml of water and cook. Season with salt and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. 5 minutes before the end of cooking, add the peas (if frozen, otherwise they must be added first).
- Cut the courgettes into 24 slices and the aubergine into 12 discs. Blanch the zucchini in salted (and boiling!) Water for about 1 minute.
- Spread the eggplant discs on kitchen paper and lightly salt. Let the aubergines dry for the entire cooking time of the rice.
- Drain the rice. Alternate an aubergine and a courgette with a spoonful of rice and roll up.
- Obtain 12 skewers and if necessary, stop with a toothpick.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into pieces. Put about 400 ml of water on the fire and add a spoonful of vegetable broth. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Create a cream by blending carrots and peaches (first drain the peaches in syrup well). Season the cream with salt and pepper.
- Brown the skewers for 5 minutes in a hot pan with some oil. Place the skewers on a plate and garnish with the sauce and parsley.
Other recipes from vegetable rolls:
No frying, exaggerated fats, sausages ... only fresh and genuine food.
Eggplant rolls recipes
The variants: fried or roasted, white or with tomato sauce.
Rolls with pine nuts and cheese.
Zucchini rolls recipe
The variant with dried tomatoes and robiola.