In supermarkets we find dishwasher detergents of all kinds: some contain substances that are harmful to the environment, others are ecological; in any case they are quite expensive! Why not make it at home? In this way we will save, we will have a natural product and we will avoid further waste between plastic and bottles. Let's see in detail how to make dishwasher detergent following our step by step instructions.
How to make dishwasher detergent, the ingredients
- 5 lemons
- 500 ml of water
- 250 grams of salt
- 200ml of white vinegar
How to make dishwasher detergent, the procedure
- Squeeze the lemons and pour the juice into the blender
- Remove the inner part of the lemons with the help of a knife then pour the peel cut into small pieces into the blender.
- Add the salt and blend everything
- Pour the water, vinegar and the mixture just obtained with the blender into a pot
- Bring to a boil for 15 minutes then turn off under the heat and wait for the mixture to cool: you will get a denser detergent than traditional, ecological and economical
- Pour the mixture into a bottle and affix a label with description and date
Here is your dishwasher detergent ready for use
How to make dishwasher detergent, use
2 spoons are enough for the dishwasher, even less for hand washing. If you keep it in a tightly closed container, it can be used for a month
How about making a DIY rinse aid for the dishwasher?
Some simple ingredients are needed: 150 g of citric acid, a liter of distilled water, essential oil of your choice
Let's see the preparation:
Pour the citric acid into a bowl together with the warm distilled water and pour everything into a spray container. Shake before use
It can also be used as a descaler for the washing machine: just start a wash at 60 degrees by pouring a liter of product directly into the drum. It is advisable to repeat the operation once every two months.