Do-it-yourself wax for parquet: aspolish the parquetthanks to a natural homemade wax. Tips and instructions on how to wax the parquet.
The parquet it is the floor par excellence: elegant, natural and pleasant. It is a functional piece of furniture with a great aesthetic impact. Theparquet, regardless of the essence, it must be carefully preserved, let's never forget: wood is a natural element that has been alive for a long time!
A wooden flooring it can be considered an artifact, an element that fully guarantees the balance between man and nature. To preserve its primary aspect and respect its origins, it is good to resort to natural remedies to cure it.
For treat the parquet in a natural way, we will show you how to make one do-it-yourself wax for parquet using only natural ingredients: it will not damage the surface also we will get a good product at low cost.
Parquet with FSC certified wood
A good way to understand if a wood comes from properly managed forests from an environmental point of view is to check if it has the FSC (Forest Stewarship Council) label. The woods bearing this brand have a greater guarantee regarding respect for the environment.
Do-it-yourself wax for parquet
To prepare thewax for polishing parquetyou need several ingredients. Fear not, they can all be found on Amazon or at well-stocked DIY stores.
- Linseed oil
- Natural wax
- White vinegar
- Lint-free cloth
- Non-metallic terrine
- Airtight glass container
The wax and oil can also be found in herbal shops, or, as stated, on Amazon. Here are some interesting products ... we are not affiliated with sellers, so feel free to accept our advice as well as do your evaluations before purchasing :)
- 100% Natural Beeswax
The price is 19.99 euros for half a kg of product, free shipping costs.
- Natural soy wax
The price is 20.57 euros for 2 kg of product, free shipping.
- Linseed oil, pure
The price is 11.95 euros for a liter of oil, free shipping.
If you don't have a non-metallic container suitable for cooking, you can use a heat-resistant Pyrex dish or container. In the next paragraph we will see how to transform these ingredients into a perfectnatural wax for parquet.
DIY wax for parquet, how to prepare it
- Take the bowl and pour in a measuring spoon of linseed oil.
- Add 4 level spoons of natural wax.
- Add another 4 tablespoons of beeswax.
- Add half a glass of white vinegar.
- Mix everything carefully with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Put the mixture just obtained and heat on a stove, over a very low flame, until the ingredients have completely melted and amalgamated.
- Transfer the product into a glass container and let it cool.
- Once cold, let it rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, this phase serves to facilitate the solidification process.
Once thenatural wax for homemade parquet, you just have to use it. In the next paragraph we will see like waxing the floor in wood or parquet.
How to polish parquet with homemade natural wax
Once you've prepared your DIY wax, here's how to use it for polish the parquet. At this stage you will need some rag, preferably in micro-fiber so it will not leave lint.
- Spread the wax with a floor rag.
- Pass the wax evenly, spreading it with circular movements.
- Wait a few minutes, finish by wiping the entire floor with a soft, clean cloth. Again, make circular movements.
Tip: spread the wax in circular movements in a clockwise direction and remove the wax in circular movements counterclockwise. The parquet will shine!
The parquet should only be polished after ordinary cleaning. There should be no residues of dirt or dust on the floor.
Storage: if the container is equipped with an airtight lid, you can store the wax in a cool, dry place, away from direct sources of light and heat.
You might also be interested in
- Beeswax: properties and price