We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
On the occasion of the 2014 Paris Motor Show,Kiapresented hisOptima T-Hybrid, a car that combines a 1.7-liter CRDi turbo-diesel engine with an electric engine powered by a 48V battery.
The batteries on board theHybrid OptimaI'm in technologylead-carbon, the choice fell on these accumulators because, according to the manufacturers, unlike lithium-ion batteries, they do not require a cooling system and suffer less from the so-called memory effect (they can better deal with more charging cycles).
L'Optima T-Hybrid(the abbreviation T-Hybrid underlines that the hybrid propulsion is given by the combination of the engine "Turbo-diesel"With the electric one) is able to travel in zero emission mode (pure electric) only at low speeds, this car too has an energy recovery system during braking and deceleration.
There Kia hybrid sedan has a new systemstart and stopthanks to which the car restarts without any vibration or noise. The electric powertrain of the hybrid system helps to increase torque even when the diesel engine is at low revs.
For now theKia Optima T-Hybridit's just aconcept still under development, so there are no specific data on performance or consumption. The manufacturer claims that its new hybrid powerplant would allow fuel savings of up to 20% thanks to the electric group which would also increase power.
In the future, this hybrid powertrain could be equipped on other modelsKia; onOptimathe electrical system accompanies the turbodiesel 1.7, however Kia could associate it with any other engine.
Kia Optima T-Hybrid - technical sheet
Let's talk about one conceptcarvery efficient. The Kia Optima hybrid is a four-door (five-seater) sedan with a 4-cylinder diesel engine combined with an electric motor and electric compressor. The drive is front with 6-speed manual transmission. Other technical details of the car see:
- Engine: 1.7 liter CRDi Diesel, four-cylinder in-line. 1.7 liters and 1,685 cc.
- Total power: 125 kW.
- Maximum torque: 380 Nm (already available at 1,500 rpm).
- Batteries: lead carbon. Voltage: 48 V and maximum power 11 kW. The batteries increase the weight of the car by 31 kg.
- The electric motor increases the weight of the car by 10.8 kg.
- The electrical components impact the car's weight of 45.8 kg (the super charger weighs 4 kg).
- Top speed: 220 km / h for theOptima T-Hybridagainst 202 km / h of the classic 1.7 CRDi ISG.
- Acceleration: the sprint from 0 to 100 km / h is covered in 9 seconds with theT-Hybridagainst the 10.2 seconds used by the same car with the 1.7 CRDI ISG engine.
- Estimated fuel consumption: in the combined cycle, 4.2 liters of diesel are required to travel 100 km with CO2 emissions below 99 g / km.
It may interest you: Kia Optima Hybrid Superman