How to make panettone at home:the classic recipe for Christmas panettone and its vegan variant. Vegan panettone and homemade panettone.
Let's seelike to do the panettone at home following our recipe, a much appreciated and consumed dessert especially during the Christmas period.
Few and simple ingredients are needed and its preparation does not require particular culinary skills. The only recommendation is to use organic eggs to be sure of the quality of the product. Remember: a homemade product can never be compared to an industrial product since we cannot guarantee the quality of the ingredients of which the latter is made.
How to make panettone at home: the ingredients
- 30 grams of brewer's yeast
- 500 grams of white flour
- 100 grams of granulated sugar
- 120 grams of butter
- 100 grams of candied orange and citron
- 50 grams of raisins
- 5 organic eggs
- 3 grams of fine salt
How to make classic panettone:the classic recipe
- Take 100 grams of butter and put it to melt in a bain-marie then let it cool
- Dissolve all the sugar in a small glass with warm water
- Also dissolve the yeast separately in another glass with warm water
- Pour the flour, the warm melted butter, the salt, the dissolved yeast into the basket of the electric mixer, then mix with the whisk and gradually add the sugar dissolved in the water, a whole egg and 4 yolks
- Meanwhile, put the sultanas in warm water and leave to soften for a couple of minutes
- As soon as the dough is elastic and smooth, add the candied fruit and raisins
- Flour a large bowl, form a ball with the dough then cover with a floured cloth and put it to rise in a warm place without drafts for 8 hours
- After the time has elapsed, take the dough and knead it for a few more minutes then divide it into two pieces
- Shape the panettone trying to round the dough with your hands lightly greased with butter
- At this point, place the two panettone on a board and let it rise for another half hour, always in a warm place without drafts.
- Then round again, wrap the base with a double sheet of greaseproof paper and let it rise again for 6 hours
- After the last leavening, place the panettone on the greased oven plate then with the help of a blade, engrave the upper parts with a cross cut
- Put the remaining butter cut into small pieces on the cross cuts and bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for 8 minutes
- After this time, remove the plate, immediately grab the four corners of the dough of each panettone and pull them down
- Return to the oven and bake for another 40 minutes or so
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and let the panettone cool
Other related articles that may interest you:How to make bread at homeis How to make mother yeast.