How to make rosemary risotto: the traditional recipe of the tasty rosemary risotto, a simple but full of flavor dish.
There rosemary risotto recipe it comes from the hills of Valpolicella, in Veneto. It is true, everyone associates Valpolicella with polenta but several recipes also originate from this area, including those based on black truffles, herring or snails!
Due to its origins, we recommend accompanying the risotto with rosemary with a good glass of red wine, maybe just theValpolcella DOC.
How to make rosemary risotto, the ingredients
There recipe provides, for four people:
- 360 grams of vialone nano rice
- 1 bunch of fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons of spread / soft cheese
- 1/2 glass of rosé wine
- hot vegetable broth
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot
- salt and pepper as required
- grated parmesan as required
- lemon zest for garnish
Among the basic ingredients for the preparation of rosemary risotto we have indicated vialone nano rice for its characteristics: it is perfect for the preparation of risotto! It is a variety of semi-fine rice, its grains have a rounded shape and are of medium size (5-6 mm long). This rice cooks in 14 minutes.
How to make rosemary risotto, the procedure
- Wash the rosemary leaves and with a crescent, chop them.
- Prepare the vegetable broth.
- In a separate pan, toast the rice over high heat.
- In another pan, sauté the chopped shallot with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the toasted rice to the pan with the sauté, stir.
- Let it evaporate with the rosé wine.
- Cover with the broth and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the rosemary and finish cooking.
- When cooked, when the broth has evaporated, add the soft cheese.
- Add the pepper and salt.
- Serve and garnish with a sprig of rosemary, some Parmesan cheese and an untreated lemon zest.
Those who love Vialone nano rice, traditional Venetian cuisine and prefer vegetable-based risottos, can find the classic recipe very interestingVenetian risottowith radicchio, asiago, red onion and grated Grana Padano. For the entire recipe, we refer you to the article entitledHow to make Venetian risotto.
Other recipes with the rosemary:
How to make rosemary focaccia