A flavorful way to ingest carrots could be carrot cake. With this delicious dessert you can finish your lunches or dinners on a high note, safeguarding your diet thanks to the nutritional elements of which carrots are composed.
Carrot is one of the vegetables that brings the most benefits to our diet: it is one of the most complete foods thanks to the high presence of minerals and vitamins. It is also a vegetable rich in beta-carotene, a substance that has the property of preventing the appearance of certain types of tumors and cancer cells. Its properties help us keep us healthy and full of strength, thus preventing aging of the organism. If you want to know more about the beneficial properties of this vegetable, we invite you to read the article "Carrots, healthy properties"
Carrot is also a versatile food, which can be cooked and taken in various forms. One of the most delicious ways to eat it is by making a delicious carole pie. The only recommendation is to choose organic carrots or those from your friend's garden that you know does not use pesticides. In this regard we will illustrate you how to make carrot cake following our recipe step by step.
How to make carrot cake, the ingredients for 8 people
- 300 grams of carrots
- 300 grams of flour
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 50 grams of almond flour
- 90 grams of sunflower oil
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 sachet of vanillin
- 180 grams of sugar
- Powdered sugar
How to make carrot cake, the preparation
- After having cleaned the carrots, cut them into small pieces or grate them then put them to drain in a colander
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is frothy and white
- In another bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and the vanillin then add the almond flour and, only at the end, the well-dried carrots
- Add this mixture to the whipped eggs, add the seed oil and mix everything gently with a spoon
- Grease a pan (preferably round with butter then pour the dough into it
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes
- After this time, lower the temperature to 170 ° and leave it for another 10 minutes: you can check with a toothpick that it is well done.
- Put the cake on a plate and sprinkle some icing sugar over it.
In less than an hour, we prepared a delicious carrot cake to be enjoyed at the end of a meal as a dessert or in the morning as a breakfast or snack.
You might also be interested in Homemade Valentine's Day Cake