The barrette of cereals they are an excellent practical and healthy choice, for breakfasts and snacks. They are perfect for the whole family and represent a healthy alternative to snacks when you want to nibble something between meals or feel the need for something sweet. It is an energy food highly appreciated especially by those who do sports and by those who follow a diet.
Unfortunately not everyone knows that the cereal bars produced industrially and marketed in large food chains, they contain a high amount of flavorings, sugars and various types of additives that are not very recommendable for health.
The best solution, therefore, is to make them at home: in this way you will be sure that they contain only healthy and natural elements. In this regard we will show you how to make cereal bars at home following our step by step recipe.
How to make homemade cereal bars, the ingredients
- 400 grams of oat flakes
- 40 grams of grated coconut
- A handful of raisins
- A handful of roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Zest of a mandarin
- Half a teaspoon of aniseed seeds
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
How to make cereal bars, the preparation
- Heat the sesame oil in a non-stick pan over low heat
- Add the oats, cinnamon and grated coconut then mix for about 15 minutes, until you see that the ingredients have absorbed all the oil and have taken on a golden and crunchy appearance
- At this point, add the raisins, peanuts, anise and salt then mix the ingredients for a few minutes with a wooden spoon
- Then add the honey and the tangerine zest, and turn off the heat
- Keep stirring to make sure that all the ingredients blend with the honey
- Pour everything into a pan and press the dough well until it forms a very compact mass
- Refrigerate and let it rest until it has cooled and hardened
- Then cut the dough with a knife, giving the bars the shape and size you want.
PLEASE NOTE: let your preparation cool for as long as necessary, otherwise it will crumble when you cut it.
As you have seen, it is a very simple procedure: why not prepare bars with different flavors? Many ingredients lend themselves well to the preparation of energy bars such as:
- Flax seed
- Amaranth seeds
- Peeled sunflower seeds
- Puffed rice
- Small pieces of fruit
- Corn flakes
- Grains of cooked wheat
- Crumbled cookies
- Small pieces of chocolate
You can experiment with different combinations depending on your preferences.
You might also be interested in Homemade protein bars