A congested nose can be caused by a cold, sinusitis, or allergies. In any cause, regardless of the cause, having a stuffy nose is certainly not pleasant! In this regard we will show you how to prepare a natural nasal decongestant at home following our instructions step by step.
It is a simple and effective completely natural remedy therefore without those side effects that sometimes occur with other remedies. This natural nasal decongestant is suitable for the whole family, even for the little ones. Its natural components are easy to find and inexpensive.
Natural nasal decongestant, benefits
Anti-inflammatory, anti-virus and decongestant action. This decongestant will reduce mucus production, which will aid in decongestion and make breathing easier. It is suitable for any type of flu, cold and even when we suffer from allergies.
Natural nasal decongestant, the necessary
- ½ tablespoon of ground turmeric (5 g)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 90 grams of Acacia honey
- 60 ml of apple cider vinegar
- 100 ml of water
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 eucalyptus leaves
Natural nasal decongestant, the preparation
- Heat the water in a kettle and add the eucalyptus leaves to cook them
- Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and ground turmeric: what we need to release the properties and benefits of the ingredients into the water
- When the water starts to boil, turn off the heat and add the honey, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice
- Mix everything well until it is very homogeneous and not too thick
- Filter the natural decongestant well and make sure you remove the remains of the ingredients, such as eucalyptus leaves
Natural nasal decongestant, recommendations
- Two tablespoons in the morning and two before going to sleep are sufficient for consumption, while for children it is advisable to have one spoon in the morning and one in the evening.
- This remedy can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days but it is preferable to ingest it warm, at room temperature, neither too cold nor hot.
Other remedies to decongest the nose
In addition to this simple and effective natural decongestant, we can also use the following remedies:
Infusion of aloe vera, honey and lemon
To be taken in the morning, when it is cooled; just a tablespoon of aloe vera gel to drink, add it to a glass of boiling water and cook it. Then add the juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of honey. Take it lukewarm to get some relief.
Boil a glass of water and add five mint leaves. Cook them and then let them rest for 5 minutes. Pour it into a fairly large cup, surround it with your hands and bring it close to your face before drinking.