The propolisit is a substance loved for its many properties. Everyone knows that propolis can fight a sore throat, but few people know that it canpropolis extractsthey are used in agriculture for the defense of crops.
There are many derivatives ofpropolisused in agriculture. With thepropolisa waxy protective sheath is created placed as a protective defense on the surface of the fruit; thanks to this water-repellent film, thepropolishinders the development of pathogens.
Therepropolisit is also used as a healing agent in case of grafts, pruning errors, damage caused by climatic events (wind or hail) or insect bites. Let's see in detail the properties of the extract of propolis and its use in organic farming.
Propolis extract, what is it used for in agriculture?
L'propolis extractit is widely used in organic farming but not only, thanks to its effectiveness it is used to combat various plant diseases. Propolis extract is the ideal way to treat plants in a natural way. There propolis it is effective against the following diseases:
- gray rot of garlic
- powdery rot of the onion
- powdery mildew or white pain on watermelon, melon, cucumber, courgette
- downy mildew on radicchio, endive, lettuce, eggplant, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and leek
- asparagus rust, bean, broad bean, pea, mangiatutto pea ..
- carrot and celery sclerotin
- excellent for eliminating aphids in a natural way, especially those that affect beans and broad beans
How to prepare the propolis extract
The preparation of the extract ofpropolis it can be divided into three stages. In the first it will be necessary to prepare the aqueous solution, in the second the alcoholic solution will have to be prepared and in the third phase the hydroalcoholic one will be prepared, that is, the two compounds prepared will be mixed. Let's see in detail how this is prepared pesticide solution based on propolis.
- 1) Put the propolis in the fridge, let it cool enough and then chop it up with a mortar.
- 2) Add 100 - 150 grams of propolis to a liter of water
- 3) Add, in the aqueous solution, a gram of soy lecithin which will work as an emulsifier.
- 4) Macerate the mixture for a couple of weeks, mixing every two days.
- 5) Filter with a very fine sieve or a paper filter.
The second phase, as stated, involves the preparation of the alcoholic solution.
- 1) Also in this case, let the propolis cool in the fridge and then chop it with a mortar.
- 2) Weigh 100 - 150 grams ofpropolisbut this time dilute them in a liter of 95 ° alcohol.
- 3) Also in this case it will be necessary to add the emulsifier in the amount of one gram (soy lecithin).
- 4) Leave to macerate for 20 days, mixing every 2 days.
- 5) Similarly to what was said previously, filter and decant.
The third step is the simplest, all you have to do is mix the two prepared solutions.
How to use the propolis extract
L'propolis extract, thus obtained, must be sprayed on the crops to be treated. L'propolis extractit's anatural pesticideto be used carefully and, above all, diluted! The treatments will be performed at a dose of 150 ml of propolis extract for every 100 liters of water.
To increase the effectiveness ofnatural pesticide, add 250 grams of sulfur proteinate to the solution.
Where to find the ingredients?
The ingredients to prepare the natural propolis-based pesticide can be purchased from specialized stores or particular garden centers. Mail order purchases are also available using one of the many online stores. We recommend the most famous ecommerce portal, Amazon, which acts as an online showcase protecting consumers at 360 °. We point out some products:
- Sulfur Disperss, Sulfur proteinate
- Ready-to-use oleate propolis
- Soy lecithin