The home-made buffet pizzas are soft and tasty, such as those on sale at rotisseries; ideal to accompany aperitifs, for a birthday party, for a savory snack, for appetizers and for any occasion.
Once cooked, the buffet pizzas can also be frozen; just place them in freezer bags. The dough recipe does not require the presence of milk and can be enriched with the filling you prefer. But let's see in detail how to prepare the buffet pizzas following our recipe step by step.
Buffet pizzas, ingredients
- 250 grams of flour type 00
- 250 grams of Manitoba flour
- 25 grams of fresh yeast
- 35 grams of sugar
- 220/250 ml of water
- 60 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 15 grams of salt
- Tomato puree
- Baked ham
Buffet pizzas, the preparation
- In a large bowl, pour the sifted flours, the oil and mix as you add the water
- Knead the dough for at least ten minutes, add the salt and continue to knead for a few minutes
- Transfer the dough to the floured work surface, knead it a little to form a ball, place it in a bowl covered with film and let it rise in a warm place for less than two hours: it must double the volume)
- After the time has elapsed, roll out the dough with a rolling pin to obtain a sheet of about 4/5 mm thick
- With the pastry cutter, make the discs, arrange them spaced apart on a baking sheet lined with paper and let rise for about 20 minutes
- After the time, with your fingers, press on the dough disks to create small basins and stuff the buffet pizzas with tomato, ham, chopped smoked cheese, oregano and whatever you prefer
- Season with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of salt
- Let it rise for less than an hour
- Cook the buffet pizzas in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 15 minutes: they must be golden brown.
- Serve the mini buffet pizzas hot
The dough we have shown you is the basic one also suitable for savory croissants, savory cannoli, stuffed calzones, panzerotti and everything else that belongs to the Italian rotisserie.
How to freeze buffet pizzas
As we have already mentioned, the mini pizzas can be frozen. When needed, it will be sufficient to defrost the pizzas at room temperature and then put them in a preheated oven for a few minutes.
The dough of funny pizzast can also be prepared with the planetary mixer, the procedure is the same.
You may be interested in the article "How to make Margherita pizza"