In the article "How to make ice cream" we demonstrated how easy it is to prepare a good ice cream at home with or without an ice cream maker. In fact, there are two ways to make ice cream at home: with an ice cream maker and without an ice cream maker. The difference between the two methods certainly lies in the effort and preparation time; with the use of the ice cream maker, both effort and time are less.
Without the ice cream maker, it is necessary to use the refrigerator freezer to store our container of homemade ice cream which we will have to extract at regular intervals to be able to mix the ice cream it contains. In any case, the final result does not change. Unlike packaged ice creams, homemade ice creams do not contain preservatives and dyes and are more nutritious ... so long live homemade ice cream! In this guide we will show you the recipe for chocolate ice cream, a dessert that must never be missing at the table.
The beneficial properties of chocolate are known. Rich in antioxidants, it is undoubtedly a food that contains significant nutritional and beneficial properties; it is good for the cardiovascular system, for the mood; it even seems to be able to extend life. For the moment we are content to delight our palate, obviously without abusing it. The only recommendation is to use organic eggs and fine dark chocolate. For the choice of chocolate, please refer to the article "How to choose chocolate"
How to make chocolate ice cream, ingredients for 6 people
- 6 organic egg yolks
- 120 grams of granulated sugar
- ½ liter of semi-skimmed milk
- ¼ liter of cream for desserts
- 250 grams of dark chocolate
- 1 small glass of rum.
How to make chocolate ice cream, the preparation
- Pour the egg yolks and granulated sugar into a large saucepan and mix well until the mixture is homogeneous
- Add the milk and then the cream
- At this point, heat the mixture over low heat, stirring gently continuously with a wooden spoon, until it has thickened, making sure not to boil
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and let it cool
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, then pour it over the now warmed cream and mix gently, until the two compounds are mixed homogeneously.
- Put the ice cream in the freezer, preferably in the special tray and let it rest for at least a couple of hours, mixing it from time to time, to maintain a creamy consistency
- After the rest time has elapsed, the chocolate ice cream is ready to be tasted.
You might also be interested inThick Hot Chocolate: how to make it and calories