THE muffinthey are typical and soft English sweets, they are soft and easy to prepare. They are quite similar to plumcakes. They are cooked in classic molds that give them a round shape with a cap top.
Muffins can be prepared in various flavors; filled with blueberries, chocolate, cucumbers, raspberry, cinnamon, pumpkin, walnut, lemon, banana, orange, peach, strawberry, almond, carrot, etc.
Many do not know that i muffin they can also be salty; they can serve as a side dish for a second course or a single dish for dinner. In this regard we will show you how to do the Salted muffins with vegetables following our step by step recipe.
Savory muffins with vegetables, the ingredients
- 200 grams of type 00 flour
- 100 ml of semi-skimmed milk at room temperature
- 3 organic eggs
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 200 grams of peas
- 1 red pepper
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- 80 grams of salted ricotta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 10 grams of yeast for savory preparations
- Salt to taste
- Pepper as needed
Savory muffins with vegetables, preparation
- Clean the pepper thoroughly then cut it into very thin strips
- In a non-stick pan pour the pepper, the peas with two tablespoons of oil and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, taking care to turn often with a wooden spoon: the peas must remain firm and not flake.
- After the time has elapsed, turn off under the heat and leave everything to cool
- Prepare the oven at 180 degrees
- In a bowl, pour in this order: ricotta, eggs, milk, chopped parsley, cheese, baking powder, salt, pepper and mix well then add the peas with the pepper and mix again until you get a homogeneous compound
- Prepare a muffin pan with 12 large cups; if you do not want to use the cups you can always grease the pan with butter or use parchment paper
- Put the dough in the cups making sure not to fill them to the brim but at least for 3/4 of them
- Once the oven has reached the desired temperature, bake everything for 20-25 minutes, depending on the desired browning
- Once ready, wait for them to cool completely to be able to taste them
- You can decorate them as you like best
Variations: instead of peas and peppers, you can use any other ingredient, both vegetable and meat based; creativity to you!
Helpful recommendation: make sure the ingredients used are fresh and the eggs are organic.
If, on the other hand, you feel more sweet than salty, we suggest a very tasty recipe that involves the use of wild berries "Muffins with wild berries"