Broccoli is rich in B vitamins, vitamin A and vitamin C. They display high levels of magnesium, calcium and phosphorus. They can be a good ingredient in the preparation of different dishes such as for example broccoli flan; a versatile and tasty dish that can be served as an appetizer, cut into slices or cubes, as a second course or as a side dish for a second course.
It is also a very popular dish for those who follow a vegetarian style since the recipe does not involve the use of animal derived ingredients. But let's see in detail how to prepare it broccoli flan following our recipe step by step.
And speaking of broccoli ...
For the success of this dish it is good to get broccoli from organic farming. In any case, it should be emphasized that the cultivation of broccoli is an operation that does not require special cultural knowledge; in fact, a few simple rules are enough, therefore it can also be carried out by a person with little experience. The best time for growing this vegetable is in spring, until the beginning of summer. For further information read "How to grow broccoli"
Broccoli flan, ingredients for 6 people
- 1 kg of organic broccoli
- 250 grams of cottage cheese
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 organic eggs
- 25 grams of grated Parmesan
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper as required
Broccoli flan, timing
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Broccoli flan, the preparation
- Clean the broccoli thoroughly under running water then divide them into florets
- Put them in a steel pot with a little water and lid and cook for about 15 minutes
- After the time has elapsed, transfer the broccoli to a pan with a clove of garlic and a drizzle of oil then add a pinch of pepper and salt
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream the ricotta, then add the grated Parmesan cheese, eggs, salt and pepper.
- As soon as the broccoli is cooked, blend it in the mixer
- At this point add them to the ricotta and egg mixture
- Mix everything carefully until you get a homogeneous mixture
- Grease a loaf pan with oil and pour the mixture into it
- Level the surface with the back of a spoon
- Once this is done, put the broccoli flan in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- As soon as it is ready, let it cool in the off oven
- Turn it over broccoli flan on a serving plate, cut into slices and serve