The eggplant with mushroom they lend themselves to multiple recipes in the kitchen; there are those who fry them, those who use tomatoes, those who add certain spices and there is also a sweet and sour version ... in short, there are several variations of this typical dish of southern cuisine. The mushroom aubergines can be enjoyed warm or cold and are also ideal for flavoring pasta, perhaps with the addition of sweet provolone or salted ricotta.
The denomination of eggplant with mushroom it derives from the consistency that the eggplant takes after preparation; this has the consistency and color of the mushroom.
Preparing this dish is simple, you can use the long or round variety of eggplants and then fry them and sauté them together with the tomatoes. But as we have already mentioned, they can also be cooked without tomatoes, perhaps adding parsley while cooking.
In any case, the eggplant with mushroom they are an exquisite and fragrant summer dish that you can also enjoy alone accompanied by fragrant croutons. Let's see how to cook eggplant with mushroom giving you some recipes.
Mushroom eggplant without tomatoes
- 4 organic eggplants
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt, extra virgin olive oil, chilli
- Wash the aubergines carefully then cut them into cubes
- Pour the cut aubergines into a non-stick pan with a lid with a drizzle of oil, garlic and salt
- Cook for about 20 minutes over low heat without adding water, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon
- When cooked, add the chopped parsley and very little pepper powder.
Mushroom eggplant without frying
This recipe does not require the use of frying oil since they must be baked in the oven. You can then decide whether to add the tomato or do it without. The only recommendation is to cut the aubergines to the same size and distribute them evenly in the oven pan so that they are golden and well cooked.
- 500 grams of eggplant
- 25 grams of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- A handful of oregano
- 250 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves
- Salt to taste.
- A handful of pitted black olives
- Wash the aubergines, remove the stalk then cut them into cubes giving them the classic shape.
- Line the pan and line it with a sheet of baking paper
- Pour the aubergines into a large bowl, add the oil and mix well
- Also add the cherry tomatoes cut into small pieces, a clove of garlic, oregano, chopped basil and pitted olives and continue stirring to distribute the various ingredients around the aubergines
- Transfer everything to the pan trying not to overlap too much
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees: halfway through cooking, open the oven, turn the aubergines to obtain a perfect cooking.
Mushroom eggplant with tomato
Eggplants with mushrooms are also ideal for those who follow a vegetarian or vegan style since in the recipe that we will offer you there are no ingredients of animal origin. For the recipe, we refer you to the article "How to make aubergines with mushrooms"
To remove the bitter taste of the aubergines, just put the cut aubergines in a colander and sprinkle them with coarse cooking salt. After giving it a good stir, put a weight on it and let it drain for about half an hour.